Summer is here and school is out, so chances are good that you’re looking for some fun. You’re in luck, because Winona is the place to be for a wide range of festivals, outdoor activities, and more. Here are some of the best June events in Winona to add to your calendar.
- The Art of Henna. Learn how to make your own henna paint and leave with all the skills you need to create your own designs. This event will be held at Sutra Imports on June 10th from 6 – 8:30 p.m. and costs $28.
- Chocolate, Shakespeare, & Champagne. Enjoy a night filled with mouth-watering chocolates, champagne, spectacular views, and scenes from “Julius Caesar” and “As You Like It” performed by the Great River Shakespeare Festival actors. It will be held at the Winona County History Center on June 11th from 7 – 9 p.m.
- Steamboat Days. Bring the whole family to Levee Park between June 15th and 19th for this annual festival. There will be a carnival, car show, parade, lots of food, and, of course, fireworks.
- Bald Eagle Days. Come celebrate the Bald Eagle’s removal from the Endangered Species list with a day full of fun. Visit the National Eagle Center on June 17th between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. for demonstrations, pontoon rides, hands-on experiences, and more.
- Great River Shakespeare Festival. This great annual performance event will highlight two of Shakespeare’s most-loved plays, “Julius Caesar” and “As You Like It,” in addition to a new musical called Georama. The festival runs from June 22nd through July 31st.
Which June events in Winona are you most excited about?